Venue Information & Course Description:
This is a full day event. Connecticut Parachutists Inc. will be open at 12 PM and will be operating until race time. Everyone is encouraged to come out early to picnic, hike, make a tandem skydive or just have fun observing jump demonstrations.
*For tandem jump reservations visit:www.skydivect.com or call (860) 871-0021*
*Helicopter rides are available all day. Please call Northeast Helicopters at (860) 871-2054 for reservation & donations cost (Rides are weather permitting)
• 5K Race: A flat, fast 3.1mile run that starts on the runway and then on to a cut grass lawn and then on to a hard pack dirt road that finishes at the runway. Same day registration starts @ 3:00pm to 6:15pm & race start time is 6:30pm SHARP (this is a mixed terrain course)
• The 5K will have at least 1 water stop.
• Hot dogs, Chili, Snacks, Fruit and Smores will be provided at the fire pit after the race.
• The 5K awards/trophies for the top three finishers in each age group, and raffle will be held immediately following the race.
• A Raffle will be held and will include a free tandem skydive and a free helicopter ride and much, much more.
• Professional photography by David Gerstine from Skydivingstills.com
• The race is pet friendly but they must be on a leash. Water and treats available for pets.
• Parking: There is limited parking on both sides of the runway so please park in the Rice Manufacturing parking lot at 356 Somers Road.
• GPS Location: 40° 55’ 26.66”N — 72° 27’ 14.69”W
Chip Timing & Scoring By The EMPIRE Timing Co. LLC
Thanks to our Sponsors:
- CONNECTICUT PARACHUTISTS
- HOMESTEAD. PLUMBING. HEATING. COOLING. ENERGY. WATER
- SWISS CLEANERS-UNIFORM SERVICES