Heart Warrior Relay Challenge-Greeley Park, Nashua, NH
Saturday, June 10, 2017
This race has been organized to raise awareness for Congenital Heart Defects (CHD), the leading cause of birth defects and infant mortality and to provide funding for Boston Childrens’ Hospital , Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Children's Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD). We also provide financial and emotional support to the families and siblings of those affected by CHDs.
Why we are organizing this event?
In 2013, both the Difava and Adamson families found through prenatal ultrasound that something was wrong with their babies. Upon meeting with cardiologists at BCH, specifically the amazing Dr. Brown and Dr. Tworetzky, both families immediately had to trust in the skills of these providers and the other cardiology staff to save the childrens’ lives. Genevieve DiFava was diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and William “Will” Adamson was diagnosed with Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum; two conditions that are fatal without immediate intervention. Upon their arrival in the world and for the past two years, both children have spent considerable time on the cardiac floors, enduring multiple cardiac catheterizations and open heart surgeries. Both families are so happy to say their children are thriving, loving, happy, beautiful kids who have truly earned the title “Heart Warrior”.
In 2016, we were able to successfully raise over $12,000.00 for the Boston Children's Hospital Heart Center. As a result we formed our own non-profit, 501 (c) 3 organization THE HEART WARRIOR FOUNDATION. Our 4 main pillars are:
1) Improve, healthy, quality of life and outcomes of CHDs through funding advancements in research
2) Support the heart warrior family unit during inpatient hospital settings to make hospital stays less stressful. Providing books, stuffed animals, and gift cards to families at Boston Children's Hospital and other regional hospitals.
3) Support the advancement of continuing education for nurses and also high school students looking to matriculate in the area of medicine/nursing. The first Thomas Heilner Scholarship will be presented in June 2017.
4) Develop a stronger support network for siblings of CHD patients and also recognize the courage they possess during a difficult time.
The race is a 3 person relay where each participant completes the two mile loop through Greeley Park and the beautiful neighborhoods around it. There will be a transition area for teammatese to "pass the baton".
*FREE T-SHIRTS TO THE FIRST 50 TEAMS (150 RUNNERS). PLEASE SPECIFY SIZE WHEN REGISTERING
* ONE WATER STOP
*PLENTY OF PARKING
* POST RACE REFRESHMENTS AND ENTERTAINMENT AT THE BANDSTAND!
TOP MALE TEAM
TOP FEMALE TEAM
TOP CO-ED TEAM
FASTEST MALE AND FEMALE (INDIVIDUAL)
Please select a category
Don't want to register but would still like to donate?Donation to Heart Warrior Foundation
Powered by Lightbox RegistrationsNEW SID
Copyright(c) 2013, All Rights Reserved